How to download and install .Apks (apps)?
(An important disclaimer: Not all apps were designed for E-Ink devices and may not perform as originally intended. TeamUC Inc is not responsible for the performance of apps created by other companies though we are constantly striving to improve performance and compatibility where possible. Certain apps may increase battery consumption*)
1. Turn on and connect to wifi via settings
2. Use the browser to access an app store apkpure.com, (there are other stores available but this is the one that I prefer. Google play is unfortunately not compatible at the moment but this store has been a reliable replacement for me personally)
3. Search for an app, you might want to search for
“Apkpure” because the apkpure app is faster than the browser if you plan on installing several apps (the apkpure app is a suspected battery hog, so you may want to uninstall it afterwards Or try other appstores Amazon, GetJar, etc... instead)
“Amazon kindle lite – 2MB. read millions of ebooks” - a lighter version of the kindle app that runs more quickly and uses less disk space
"Kindle app" (Hiccups a little on first set up for me on version 5.18, but runs well once it is set up)
“Dropbox” - will allow you to access your wirelessly saved .note and .pdf notes
“Bluemail”- a verified and popular mail app that allows you to connect all of your normal gmail, windows mail, hotmail, etc... and send out recent files as attachments
1. When you have found and opened the app page, tap “Download .apk” (The browser will give an indication that a download has started but sometimes doesn’t show when a download is complete, so I suggest waiting for a little and then continuing directly to the next step)
2. Open nFiles, and tap on the “downloads” folder
3. Tap the .apk you downloaded and Install. The icon should appear in “Tools” after installation. May need to enable installing from online sources in settings if this is the first app installed After you have logged in, etc... I would recommend turning off your wifi to preserve your battery performance
4. Delete the .apk after installation in order to conserve internal memory
*Whether apps are compatible depends on a case by case basis. High-frame rate or performance intensive apps generally do not perform well or do not install, resulting in a “problem parsing the package”.
Most E-Book apps are compatible: Including Moon+, scribd, kindle, fbreader, adobe digitial editions (access google play library) etc...